Monday, October 31, 2011

Review Roundup for Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator

Neeta Lyffe may feel like “popcorn reading,” but I enjoyed that, as I whipped through it, enjoying myself thoroughly, I felt like there might be some intellectual protein planted among the popcorn.  Highly recommended.  --Sarah Rienhard, Snoring Scholar

What does a Catholic military wife write about?  Zombies of course.  I will admit to not being a zombie fan.  I'm squeamish about gore and close my eyes when movies are bloody, but I loved this book.  It's a great mix of horror, humor, and reality TV that makes it the most fun book I've read in a long while.  I found myself laughing and snorting as people were eaten and zombies vanquished.  I'm pretty sure that means I'm going to Hell, but at least I got to read this book first.  --Rebecca Fresh, Shoved to Them

Huntress Reviews:  FOUR STARS! Usually I tell if a book is funny, serious, or whatever. Well, this book is funny, serious, or whatever. I opened this book expecting something along the lines of a cheesy B-Grade movie. Though this story does have a bit of that tongue-in-cheek flavor, it is written in a serious tone. The ZDE forum breaks in on the story at times and I found these sections to be realistic of how today's on-line forums read.... Many chapters begin with Gary Opkast, one of the show's writers, typing up a documentary, The Zombie Syndrome. Personally, I believe Gary's documentary sections to be a stroke of genius on the author's part. It gives the entire story a touch of realism, as does the forum threads. When it comes to ZDE's cast of plebes, each player has his/her own personality and set of personal quirks. They each have a well developed background which is slowly revealed as the story progresses. ...All-in-all, I thoroughly enjoyed this insane look into the world's future zombie problem.... Author Karina Fabian has a sassy, take-no-prisoner writing style that will keep you hooked from page one.

By Kat Heckenbach, Splashdown Book Reviews"Hell's Kitchen" with heart. Pretty much sums it up :). Neeta's got to whip her students into shape, so they can learn to slice and dice zombies. She's not the heartless terror that Chef What's-his-name is, but she can't afford to be soft when dealing with the undead.  I laughed SO hard while reading Neeta Lyffe. But humor is not Karina's only strong point. The book has an actual plot and real characterization--two things that often lack in parody and humor writing.

Available in print or electronic from Amazon.com


Neeta is to zombies what Buffy is to Vampires!

No comments: