Thursday, February 12, 2009

Conventions and Cover art


The Catholic Writers Conference Online was a spectacular success! We had 283 attendees, 48 one-hour chat presentations, 12 week-long forum workshops, 37 pitches given to six publishers and more kudos than I counted. Here's what some folks said:

This is a great conference. It's easy to navigate and your detailed instructions are the best. The downloadable handouts and docs are so easy also. The workshops I've been in are packed with such useful information. I give it an A+.
---Karen Coiff

Great job to all who put this together. The exposure to fellow writers and pros in the field has been immensely positive and helpful to me! I've been amazed at the wealth of information and knowledge available. And to think I didn't have to leave my home! I look forward to next time. Thank you so very much and may God bless you all.
---Katherine Shine

Congratulations on this year's conference. I thought it was very well done. A lot of worthwhile information. You are providing a wonderful service for many, many people.
---Jackie Lindsey, Our Sunday Visitor

We're already hard at work on the Catholic Writers Conference--Live! set for August 5-7. The 2010 CWCO will be Feb 22-27.

Roe has sent the cover sketch for Magic, Mensa and Mayhem! Isn't it a hoot?


I'm still not totally happy with Vern's face, but I think it's the angle more than anything. Roe certainly listened to my concerns about Coyote-what a difference! He's inking now. I'm dying to see the finished product! The back will have an endorsement from Jody Lynn Nye and a quip from the Publisher's Weekly review. (More on that later; publisher asked me to hold it until late Feb.)

4 comments:

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

This is so cool! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Christine Trollinger said...

Vern will flesh out I am sure. Great job!

The conference was great...what I managed to attend. I have been down with the flu, but I downloaded the chats etc.

Thanks for your hard work.

Karina Fabian said...

Thanks, ladies!

Roe sent the color work and I sent it back with comments. It's very exciting and very fun. Now, I'm on pins and needles to see the finished product.

Karina Fabian said...

Christine, I'm so sorry you were sick. Hope you're feeling better.