Monday, June 06, 2011

I'm a Broad!


This week, I decided to join BroadUniverse.

Broad Universe is an international non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, encouraging, honoring, and celebrating women writers and editors in science fiction, fantasy, horror and other speculative genres. I'd seen them in some of the conventions I'd been to, and it looked like an interesting group that was also interested in book promotion. Then I met author and member Jaleta Clegg, author of Nexus Point and knitter of C'thulu toilet paper roll covers, and I knew this would be a fun group as well.

First thing I did once joining was to go to the member bennie section and sign up for some for the bennies. I still need to check out this page, and flag it to check weekly, I think, because they have stuff like venues for news announcements, etc. They also have a facebook page and Yahoo group for keeping in touch.

I've already had some fun posting on Facebook, and found a few friends from other groups. I'm hoping I can do a rapid fire reading and participate in the BroadUniverse booth at Renovation. I'd also like to set up a Broad Coffee or something. Haven't asked the folks about that yet.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about my new group, and thought I'd share. I'll give you an update in a few weeks about how it's going for me as a member.

No comments: