Monday, July 09, 2012

Fundraiser story for the Colorado fire victims


About a year and a half ago, I wrote a little story about a series of wildfires being set near Los Lagos, Colorado, the fictional home of Vern and Sister Grace of my DragonEye, PI world.  The story itself was a mystery involving Sister Grace and Coyote the Trickster God.  It was fun to write about Coyote again and it explains a few mysteries mentioned in Magic, Mensa, and Mayhem.  I’ve sent it out to several places, but no one took it.  However, I know that every story has its time and place.
That time and place is now and online.

We’ve had an upsetting number of forest fires in the West, and Colorado Springs has been especially hard hit, with over 35,000 people evacuating their homes and hundreds of homes destroyed or damaged by the flames.  People have come from all over the nation to assist in fighting the fires, and so many are going to have to rebuild their homes from scratch.

I want my story to help them.

“Coyote Fires” is now up in a serial format.  The first episode is posted at http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com.  I have a donation button on the site, and I’m asking that if you enjoy the story, you help me help others by donating a little to the cause.  You can donate as little as $1.  For every $10 I earn (from one to ten donors), I’ll put up another episode.  I’ll take donations until the story is totally up or September 1, whichever comes later.  At that time, I’ll send all the proceeds to the Colorado Springs chapter of the American Red Cross. I also have a deal, where if you donate over $25 dollars, I’ll send you an autographed copy of Magic, Mensa, and Mayhem.  (Your entire donation will go to the ARC.)  

In addition, between now and Aug 31, the publisher, editors, and I are donating all our profits from the Coyote story “Perfect Ten” and the DragonEye novel, Live and Let Fly.  Order them through the links on the story website or from MuseItUp in order for the donations to work.

“Coyote Fires” is only six episodes long, but I’m hoping we can raise for a more than $60.  If you’d like to help, I have a couple of easy ways:
#1. Read the story and donate
#2 Buy “Perfect Ten” or Live and Let Fly for yourself or a friend
#3 Tell others:  You can copy and repost this blog, make up a tweet or use one of mine:
#Coyote #Fires, a #fundraising serial story at http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com. Enjoy some fantasy and help victims of the #coloradofires.
Like #DragonEye? Read #Coyote #Fires online & help victims of the #coloradofires.  http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com
#4  Donate to another charity of your choice.  (Let me know, and I’ll send you a copy of the story!)
I can’t go out and fight fires, and I can’t travel to the Springs to help rebuild; however, I can offer my talents to help raise some money to help those who can be there for the victims.

No comments: