Thursday, November 22, 2012

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful for This Year

Thanksgiving

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful for This Year

Dear Lord,

This has been a crazy year!  I've been confronted with what I feel are failures in a couple of areas of my life; my best friend and true love is halfway around the world; our wonderful dog died; and I have the Cold that Won't End.  Sometimes, I wonder that I don't spend my days bawling my eyes out.

I can't; I have too much to be thankful for.

My daughter was accepted to her first choice college, one that will definitely boost her in the career she loves.  She also got an internship at a video game company--something few high school seniors acheive.

My eldest is loving college life, just like I thought he would, and we can see the change in him as he grows up.

My husband gets to mark off the last thing in his military bucket list--deployment in support of a war--and while we are not at war with Iraq, he feels he's doing some real good there advising the Iraqi military leaders.  Even better for us at home; he's safe.

While others are worrying about where their next meal or mortgage payment is coming from, my biggest financial gripe is the credit card bill.  Of course, this also means that I can relax as far as my writing is concerned.

We lost Layla, but now we have two terrific, loving dogs.  Toby si soft and big and loves to lean on you, and Beaux is as sweet a basset as you can get.

Despite the hanger-on cold, I am in good health.




No comments: