Thursday, May 06, 2010

My Novel's Journey: Interrupted again! Turn off the Flow!



Are you getting tired of my telling why I've lived yet another week without having written Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator?

Yeah, me, too.

However, there are only so many hours in a day, and right now I have an actual paying job writing school planners--10 stories geared for high school kids, the adapted to middle school, done for American and Canadian schools. Four calendars in all. This year, we're taking Bible stories as our theme, and I'm retelling some from side characters--one of David's soldiers, Rebeka's best friend, someone who helped the men lower the paralytic through the roof to Jesus. It's kind of fun and a stretch of my creativity as well as a great way to think more about the Bible.

Then, of course, Why God Matters comes out May 15. The publisher, Tribute Books, is spoiling my father and me--dedicated website (www.whygodmatters.com) and a publicist to plan our virtual book tour. So, I've been doing my share by spreading the word to get some blog spots for then June tour--e-mail me if you want to join in!--and making a video book trailer. This one was a no brainer, and I put it together on animoto.com. I'm posting it here May 15, but you can see it at www.whygodmatters.com/news.html.

Next, I got my book contract for Mind Over Mind. I'm resisting the temptation to look it over--I might start revising!

To top it off, I got an idea this morning for ANOTHER novel! This one is in the DragonEye universe. When a nymph is brutally murdered, her death affects all of Los Lagos: Magicals are haunted by nightmares; the water supply is poisoned, and a mysterious cloud covers the city in unending night.

I both love and hate getting ideas. I love my imagination, but I have no time! What do I do? I open up another file in Anthemion Storylines and put ideas and information as I come up with it. I promise--Neeta comes next!

I have to finish the calendars by May 11. I'm halfway done, but next week is will be insane: two signings, Rob's surgery, my cap for my tooth. Oh, and I'm not Catholic Writers' Guild Secretary.

My life is so full of blessings--of imagination, of opportunity, of service. I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't mind if we turned the spigot down just a bit. Just until I finish off the shambling undead hoards.

Progres on Neeta Lyffe:
I did manage one scene this week: Zombies attack parade goers at the last New England Zombie Crawl. They made the mistake of attacking the New York contingent. The irate New Yorkers ripped them apart then beat them to redeath with their own limbs.

No comments: