Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Weight Loss Update 3: How Real People Lose Weight


Time again!  Here are the before-and-after photos and stats on my weight loss/muscle gain development.  Just a reminder or note for those who are new.  I take circuit training five times a week and sometimes work out on Saturdays.  I've also decreased my sweets and sodas and increased my water.  I am not on a diet, because I don't have that kind of discipline for cooking and eating.

Not as easy to see, but I'm starting to get my hourglass back,  I've lost 12 inches in waist and abs combined, but only 3 in hips and 3 in bust.  That's how I like it!

Look!  My poochy belly is shrinking!

When I take these pictures, I try to do them in the same outfit and without any sucking in of guts or posturing.  This is the real me as you might see me coming out of the gym (messy hair and all!).  I hate those Before-and-After shots where the person is wearing make-up and tanned and obviously holding herself in a perfect posture when her before picture was schlumped.

15-Jan 19-Apr
total loss





weight 169 155
14 lb dec
body fat 38.5 35.7
2.8 dec
chest 38.7 36.1
2.6 dec
bust 41.1 38.5
2.6 dec
waist 39 32.9
6.1 dec
hips 42.8 39.5
3.3 dec
abs 42 36
6.0 dec
thigh 22 23.5
1.5 inc
calf 15 15
0
bicep 11.6 11.2
.4 dec
forearm 10 9.8
.2 dec
neck 15 14
1.0 dec

Total: 14 pounds lost and 23 inches gone overall.  I've not gone down a size yet in clothes, but all my clothes fit better now.  (Wardrobe-wise, I'm holding out for 145 and to be sure my husband has a post-retirement job, although when I reach 145, I'm buying a Biofit Bootcamp t-shirt regardless!)

If you are wondering what it's taking me to do this, may I suggest you start at the beginning and read my circuit torture adventures?   You can also put "Circuit training" in the search bar and they'll all show up.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey, I need to lose 20 pounds and that "Guess who hit age 50" thickness of the torso. You're doing great!