Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Circuit Torture Update Goal One Met!

I'm pleased to announce that I have reached my first major goal.  Today I weighed in at 144--a pound under my 145-before-Rob-retires goal.  Yay!  Now, if I am still under 145 on Friday, my personal torturer has promised me a T-shirt!

All the pain--worth it for a T-shirt!

I want to thank the folks that helped me along the way:  Ryion, my personal torturer, who always has a tough routine and a great attitude; Rob, my husband, and our kids, for not sabotaging my efforts too much (No, we are not getting ice cream to celebrate.)  My Great Weight Write Off group has motivated me, as has writing this blog.  So thank you, dear reader.

My long-term goal is 140 and stay there.  If I lose more, great, but I'm old and too lazy and like my sweets, so I don't really care if I see 120 again.

Now, however, I have a question for you.  You've probably noticed that these blogs haven't been as funny as they were.  I'm just not in as much pain, so I don't have as much to joke about.  Also, I'm getting a little burned out on all the blogging.  I'm thinking it's time to let Circuit Torture Wednesdays die down, perhaps once a month, along with my photos update.  I'll still announce when I post, and will keep an eye on stats.  If you're still reading, I'll keep writing the monthly updates.

No comments: