Monday, January 31, 2011

We're going to Renovation--World SF Con



We're going to Renovation! That's this year's WORLD SF CON, and it's in Reno, Nevada--someplace we can drive to! Rob is going all out getting us a fancy hotel room, so we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary a little late (10 months or so) but in style!

I had a lot of fun going to World Fantasy Con while in California, and I know it's going to be even better this year. Not only do I know some of the people, but Rob will be with me, which always makes things better. The only thing that could make this a dream come true would be for Infinite Space, Infinite God to win (or even place for) a Hugo. Of course, as an anthology, it only qualifies in the Best Related Work category, but wouldn't it be cool? Not just for me and the contributors, but for faith-based science fiction, which is an underexplored subgenre.

Ah, to dream!

Anyway, I'd love to get a list of folks who are attending who know me. Maybe we can meet up. If you're going, contact me. Let's make plans!

Link to Renovation Website: http://www.renovationsf.org/index.php

No comments: