Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Circuit Torture...er Training, Week 5

It was cardio week, which meant I sweat enough to power a water bender.
If you have not seen Avatar: The Last Airbender, then DO IT!
 And speaking of water, I started the next phase of my health regimen--drinking a gallon of water a day.  Basically, that means that between the jumping exercises and the drinking, I'm hitting the bathroom every 20 minutes.  My Professional Torturer laughs.

And, just to entertain my blog readers, this week I tried drugs.  Not those kind!  GNC was giving out some weight loss "supplements" as free samples.  Frankly, this is not something I would ever do in the long run and don't recommend, but for a week, why not?

The first one I tried is called Ripped Freak and has "green tea extract."  As near as I can tell, they've extracted somewhere between 10 cups and a tea shop's worth of caffeine.

Caffeine!  Yeah, baby!


When I was in college, I could drink pots of coffee until the wee hours of the morning and sleep like a log.  Now that I am a middle aged woman, I've put away youthful things--including my tolerance to caffeine.  So in retrospect, taking it at 4:30 in the afternoon was not the smartest idea.  However, after tossing and turning until 1 am, I did get smart and succumb to the inevitable.  In the next three hours, I cleaned a few rooms in the house, thought up several new scenes for Mind Over All, and read an entire book on St. Kolbe, whom I was able to write about the next morning after two hours' sleep.

The other pills are called Cellulor Super HD and CLK.  They, however come in 2- or 3-pill a day packages.  I was smarter and only took one a day.

However, the Ripped Freak came in a sample of two.  You know the saying, "Fool me one, shame on you, fool me twice, it makes a great blog?"  I took the second one on the morning of the 15th.  It makes a BIG difference to take them in the morning!  I'm writing this at 11 am, and the only thing I've noticed is I've gone through a gallon of water without noticing.

Anyway, with the sweating, the water and the chemical boost, I lost 3.6 pounds this week.  However, I gained .8 percent body fat,  and nearly 3 inches in the waist/abs area.  This just goes to show that even drugs cannot defeat the double-whammy of Fat Tuesday and Valentine's Day!

Anyway, I must say I recommend the water, but not the supplements.

No comments: