Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Songs of Circuit Torture

When I'm at home, I prefer quiet most of the time, unless I need something to pump my adrenalin, then I might rock out to some oldies stuff or put The Guild on Youtube.



However, I understand that part of the gym experience is the music.  Got to tell you, though, it's been an experience!

There are times when the base is heavy and the male singer is more screaming musically than singing, that I feel more like I'm in prison than the suburbs.  For some reason, I especially feel like this when I'm on my back doing presses on the medicine ball.  Maybe because I have 15 pound weights in each hand and am wearing black gloves.  Anyway, when songs like this come on, I usually ask for relief before I riot:



Some songs, I enjoy, but they just beg to be joked about.  Like this one.  Whenever I hear it, I think it's Stephen Hawkin's love song:


And I think I know why Harlem is shaking.  Their garbage disposals are all busted and growling.


Of course, the key to all of these is they have a beat.  Most of the folks working out actually prefer these songs to say, something like this:

Of course, that's the stuff I come home and listen to when I need to get the earworms out of my head before I commit self-righteous suicide.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll make a The Guild CD for Ryion to play while I work out.

No comments: